For those who need a good tablet that can handle intensive operations like video editing, web browsing, and document production, Google created the Pixel Slate m3. The Google Pixel Slate M3 is powered by Google’s Chrome OS, which offers a simplified and secure computing environment.
The 12.3-inch touchscreen display on the Google Pixel Slate M3 has a resolution of 3000 x 2000 pixels, providing sharp and clear graphics. An Intel Core m3 CPU, which offers quick and responsive performance, powers the Google Pixel Slate M3. Also, it has 8GB of RAM, which promotes effective performance and seamless multitasking.
Specification of Google Pixel Slate M3
|Intel Core m3
|8-megapixel front-facing camera
|Up to 12 hours
|3000 x 2000 pixels
Review of Google Pixel Slate M3
Here is a complete review of Google Pixel Slate M3, all the features that I observe while using Google Pixel Slate M3:
Display of Google Pixel Slate M3
The 12.3-inch touchscreen display on the Google Pixel Slate M3 has a resolution of 3000 x 2000 pixels. The display has outstanding color accuracy and sharpness, and it is bright and clear. It is simple to browse through menus and applications because of the touchscreen’s responsiveness. The screen’s potential for reflection in intense lighting is the only drawback.
- The high-resolution display offers vivid and clear images.
- The bright display makes it easier to view content in a variety of lighting conditions
- The touch screen responds quickly and is simple to use.
- The glossy screen can reflect light in bright environments, which might make it challenging to view material in some circumstances.
- For some users who prefer the more conventional 16:9 aspect ratio, the aspect ratio of the display might not be optimal.
- A larger display might be preferred by some users for better viewing.
Processor of Google Pixel Slate M3:
The Google Pixel Slate M3 has quick and responsive performance thanks to its Intel Core m3 processor. The processor is capable of handling difficult jobs with ease, making it perfect for document creation, web browsing, and video editing.
- The Intel Core m3 processor offers quick response times and powerful performance, making it appropriate for demanding jobs like video editing, web browsing, and document creation.
- The processor is capable of handling multiple apps running simultaneously without any observable slowdowns.
- The processor might not be appropriate for people who need more powerful processing for activities like gaming or using resource-demanding software.
- For even better performance, some users might prefer a more potent processor such as an Intel Core i5 or i7.
- During demanding tasks, the processor could produce some heat, making the device feel warm to the touch.
Operating system of Google Pixel Slate M3
Google’s Chrome OS operating system, which offers a safe and efficient computing environment, powers the Pixel Slate M3. The operating system has built-in virus protection and is simple to use. The restricted software selection and absence of comprehensive desktop applications, however, can be a downside for some users.
- The Chrome OS operating system is quick and responsive, offering a comfortable and productive computing environment.
- The gadget is shielded from viruses and other threats thanks to the operating system’s high level of security and regular updates.
- It is simple to access and manage your files because the operating system interfaces nicely with Google services like Google Drive, Google Documents, and Google Pictures.
- Compared to other operating systems, Chrome OS may have a smaller range of apps, which may be a turnoff for certain users.
- For customers who depend on complete desktop apps like Adobe Photoshop or Microsoft Word for their jobs, the absence of support could be a drawback.
Storage of Google Pixel Slate M3
The 128GB of storage included with the Pixel Slate M3 is more than enough for most people. Moreover, the gadget has a microSD card slot that supports up to 256GB of extra storage.
- The Google Pixel Slate M3 has a 128GB solid-state drive (SSD), which is more than enough storage for the majority of users.
- Fast read and write speeds from the SSD make it simple to retrieve and transfer files rapidly.
- The SSD is less vulnerable to physical damage and data loss than conventional hard disc drives since it is more reliable and long-lasting.
- The Google Pixel Slate M3’s capacity cannot be expanded, which could be a problem for customers who need more storage.
- 128GB of storage might not be sufficient for all users, especially if they routinely work with huge files like films or images.
RAM of Google Pixel Slate M3
The Pixel Slate M3 has 8GB of RAM, which is more than enough for the majority of workloads. The tablet easily handles multitasking and apps launch and function without any issues.
- With 8GB of Memory, the Google Pixel Slate M3 offers quick and effective performance for the majority of computer operations.
- The appropriate quantity of RAM enables users to run multiple apps at once without experiencing any observable lag.
- It is simple to switch between apps and tasks thanks to the RAM’s contribution to dependable and quick performance.
- For even better performance and multitasking abilities, some users might want to have more RAM than 8GB.
- The price of the device with this much RAM could be more expensive than the price of certain other comparable devices.
Battery Life of Google Pixel Slate M3
The Pixel Slate M3’s battery life is outstanding for a device of its size and performance level, lasting up to 12 hours. Moreover, the gadget has rapid charging capabilities, enabling quick charging when required.
- With a battery life of up to 12 hours, the Google Pixel Slate M3 is suited for all-day use without the need for recharging.
- The gadget has fast charging capabilities, thus it can charge up to 80% of its capacity in just one hour.
- The Chrome OS operating system optimizes battery life, which aids in power savings and increases battery life.
- Depending on usage and settings, the battery life may change and may be shorter if the device is used for activities that require greater processing power, including video playback or gaming.
- For consumers who prefer to replace the battery themselves, the fact that it cannot be replaced by the user may be a disadvantage.
- A device with a long battery life could cost more than some other comparable devices.
Is Google Pixel Slate M3 discontinued?
Yep, Google has stopped making the Google Pixel Slate M3, the company’s final tablet. The firm declared that it would continue to offer software and security upgrades to Pixel Slate devices until June 2026 when it made the announcement in June 2021.
Nevertheless, Google no longer sells the device directly, while some third-party vendors may still have a few left over while supplies last. Poor sales and a shift in emphasis towards the creation of laptops and 2-in-1 devices are thought to have played a role in Google’s decision to stop making the Pixel Slate.
How long will Google support the Pixel Slate?
According to Google’s announcement, the Pixel Slate will continue to get software and security upgrades until June 2026. This means that for the foreseeable future, the gadget will continue to receive security upgrades and Chrome OS operating system updates. It’s crucial to remember that Google may modify this support timeframe in the future in response to a variety of variables, including market demand, technological developments, and hardware restrictions. Yet for the foreseeable future, Pixel Slate customers can count on regular updates and assistance from Google.
In summary, the Google Pixel Slate M3 is a strong, capable gadget with a lot of helpful features. Due to its Intel Core M3 processor and 8GB of RAM, the gadget offers a high-resolution display, quick and effective performance, and long battery life. The gadget also uses the Chrome OS operating system, which is renowned for its quick performance, high level of security, and responsiveness.
The Chrome OS operating system’s limited app selection, the tablet’s non-expandable storage, and its relatively high pricing in comparison to other similar devices are some of the disadvantages of the gadget, nevertheless. For certain users, the lack of a headphone jack and the few available ports may potentially be a drawback.
Overall, those who value the integration with Google services, mobility, efficiency, and security should consider the Google Pixel Slate M3. Those that need additional storage, expansion capabilities, or support for complete desktop apps, however, might want to think about other options.