Snapchat has become one of the most popular social media platforms, allowing users to share their moments, connect with friends, and explore various filters and features. Dark Mode, with its sleek and easy-on-the-eyes interface, has gained immense popularity among users. However, enabling Dark Mode on Snapchat is not as straightforward as it is on other apps. In this guide of How To Get Dark Mode On Snapchat , we will walk you through the step-by-step process of enabling Dark Mode on Snapchat.
Why Dark Mode On Snapchat is beneficial
Dark Mode has become increasingly popular across various platforms and applications, and for good reason. Here are a few benefits of Dark Mode:
- Reduced Eye Strain: Dark Mode reduces the amount of screen glare and brightness, which can significantly reduce eye strain, particularly in low-light conditions.
- Longer Battery Life: Dark Mode uses less power on devices with OLED or AMOLED screens, as black pixels are essentially turned off, resulting in improved battery life.
- Enhanced Aesthetics: Many users find Dark Mode visually appealing, offering a modern and sleek look that can be easier on the eyes, especially during nighttime use.
Now that we understand the advantages of using Dark Mode, let’s dive into the step-by-step process of enabling it on Snapchat.
Step 1: Update Snapchat to the latest version
Before attempting to enable Dark Mode on Snapchat, ensure that you have the latest version of the app installed on your device. Developers often release updates that include new features, bug fixes, and, sometimes, Dark Mode.
To update Snapchat to the latest version, follow these steps:
- Open the App Store (iOS) or Google Play Store (Android) on your device.
- Search for “Snapchat” in the search bar.
- If an update is available, tap the “Update” button next to the Snapchat app.
- Wait for the update to download and install on your device.
Once you have updated Snapchat to the latest version, proceed to the next step.
Step 2: Access Snapchat settings
To enable Dark Mode on Snapchat, you need to access the settings menu within the app. Here’s how:
- Launch Snapchat on your device.
- Tap on your profile icon located at the top left or bottom center of the screen to open your profile.
- On the profile screen, tap on the gear icon (settings) located either at the top right corner or at the bottom right corner of the screen.
Great! You have now accessed the settings menu in Snapchat. Let’s move on to the next step to enable Dark Mode.
Step 3: Enable Dark Mode
Snapchat, unfortunately, does not offer a built-in Dark Mode feature on both iOS and Android. However, there are workarounds that allow you to achieve a similar effect. Here are a few methods:
Use system-wide Dark Mode: If your device has a system-wide Dark Mode feature, enabling it will automatically apply Dark Mode on all compatible apps, including Snapchat. To enable system-wide Dark Mode, follow these general steps:
- iOS: Go to “Settings” > “Display & Brightness” > Select “Dark.”
- Android: Go to “Settings” > “Display” > “Dark Theme” or “Dark Mode.”
Once you enable system-wide Dark Mode, launch Snapchat, and the app’s appearance should follow the Dark Mode setting.
Use third-party apps: Some third-party apps allow you to enable Dark Mode on Snapchat by applying a dark overlay on top of the app. These apps work by creating a dark layer that covers the bright elements of Snapchat. However, it’s important to note that using third-party apps may not be as reliable as the system-wide Dark Mode feature.
Why is there no Dark Mode for Snapchat on Android?
Unlike iOS, Android does not have a built-in system-wide Dark Mode like iOS. Therefore, Snapchat does not natively support Dark Mode on Android devices. However, there are alternative methods to achieve a dark appearance on Snapchat for Android users.
How do you get dark Snapchat on Android?
To get Dark Mode on Snapchat for Android, you can use an app called “Substratum” in combination with a theme called “Swift Installer.” Here’s how you can do it:
- Install the “Substratum” app from the Google Play Store.
- Purchase and install the “Swift Installer” theme from the Play Store.
- Open the “Substratum” app and grant the necessary permissions.
- Select the “Swift Installer” theme from the list of installed themes.
- Apply the theme and wait for the changes to take effect.
- Launch Snapchat, and you should now have a dark appearance.
How do you get dark Snapchat without the app appearance?
If you prefer not to install additional apps or modify the appearance of Snapchat, you can still achieve a similar dark experience by adjusting your device’s accessibility settings.
- On your Android device, go to “Settings” > “Accessibility.”
- Look for the option called “Color inversion” or “Color correction.”
- Enable the option and select the appropriate inversion mode that suits your preference.
- Launch Snapchat, and the app’s appearance should be inverted, creating a darkened experience.
With these methods, you can now enjoy Snapchat in Dark Mode on both iOS and Android devices. Whether you choose to enable system-wide Dark Mode, use third-party apps, or tweak your device’s accessibility settings, you can personalize your Snapchat experience to your liking.