We’ll keep our fingers crossed for an 8th-generation video game console that’s not like the PlayStation 4. Sony’s PS4 launch date was February 20th, 2013, seven years after the PS3. No, we’re not trying to undermine the PS3. It was an extremely powerful console that sold more than 90 million copies around the world. It was not able to compete with the powerful Xbox 360. But the popularity of PS4 is the main reason PlayStation is able to be competitive with Xbox today. Keep reading to learn more about the ps4 release date and its timeline.
When did the PS4 come out?
The first PlayStation 4 was released in North America on November 15th, 2013. The PlayStation 4 was released to customers in Europe, South America, and Australia two weeks later, on the 29th of November. Japan was the last launch country to wait until February 22, 2014.
This method, in conjunction with the launch of the Xbox One, serves as the basis for the future development of multiplatform games. The Xbox One had a decent Radeon-based GPU last year. It also boasted 8 GB of GDDR5 RAM. In spite of the fact that the CPU, just like its competitors, was built on mobile technology, it had a major edge over the Xbox One in terms of its raw GPU computation and RAM. This led to favorable comparisons with first console of Sony across the entire generation.
Playstation 4 release date: Pro Version
PS4 Pro release date was November 10, 2016. It is a more powerful version than its original. This frequently resulted in improved performance or aesthetics across a variety of multiplatform and exclusive releases.
PS4 release date: Slim Version
The PS4 slim release date was September 15, 2016, just three years after the initial version. The PS4 Slim, as its name suggests, is slimmer than the previous PS4. The design was tweaked a bit by adding a full glossy finish to replace the glossy strip. Because no technology specifications have changed, game performance remains unchanged from the original launch model.
There were a number of significant milestones on the PlayStation 4 timeline. We’ll look at the most important ones today:
- July 29, 2014 – The Last of Us Remastered is currently available across the world. It’s the face of PlayStation 4 and was the most loved game for players.
- May 10, 2016 – Nathan Drake’s adventure is concluded with the release of Uncharted 4 on the PlayStation 4. More than 16 million copies of this game were sold.
- 13th of October, 2016 – PlayStation VR was unveiled as an ideal partner for the PS4 system.
- April 20, 2018 – God of War solidly establishes its position as PlayStation 4’s ultimate major title. It’s the most-sold PS4 game, with sales of 19.5 million copies!
- June 11, 2020 – The PlayStation 5 is unveiled, heralding an era of 9th-generation video game systems.
This is all you need to be aware of regarding when did ps4 come out and its timeline. We hope you enjoy this article.