A standardized method for command, control, and coordination of emergency response is the Incident Command System (ICS). It offers a common hierarchy so responders from different agencies can work together efficiently.
Which ICS functional area sets the incident objectives?
The correct Answer is B): “Command“
The Command functional area in the Incident Command System (ICS) establishes the incident’s goals, plans, and priorities. It is also ultimately accountable for the incident.
Roles of Other Functional Areas
Here is a quick summary of the functions of the other functional areas for your understanding:
- Finance/Administration: This area is in charge of all the incident’s financial and cost analysis and providing administrative support to all parts of the company.
- Logistics: This area gives the operational goals the assistance, resources, and other services they need to be met.
- Operations: This area is in charge of all the tasks that need to be done to lower the immediate danger, save lives and property, take control of the situation, and get things back to normal.
Other Popular Articles
- Which item is important to consider when selecting a credit card?
- What option will not be available if you are behind on loan payments?
- Which Of The Following Statements About Savings Accounts Is False?
- Which Of The Following Is True About Conflicts Of Interest?
In conclusion, Which ICS functional area sets the incident objectives? The responsibility for establishing the incident objectives lies with the Incident Commander in the Command functional domain of the ICS. These goals serve as the cornerstone for the incident action planning process, directing the response activities of all staff members and resources involved in the incident’s management.
Which ICS functional areas establishes tactics and directs all personnel resources to achieve the incident objectives?
Operations: Completes tasks to meet the incident’s goals, decides on methods, and leads all operational resources.
Which ICS functional area arranges for resources?
Logistics: Arranges for resources and needed services.
Which ICS functional area arranges for resources and needed services?
Logistics: Makes sure the tools and services needed to help reach the incident goals are available.
What is the number of subordinates that one supervisor can manage?
In the range of 15 to 20 subordinates per manager or supervisor.