What is a 3-Point Slinger?
A 3-point slinger is a camera strap worn over the shoulder and across your body. It connects to your camera, typically in the middle, where a tripod plate typically connects.
The 3 point slinger for camera allows you to carry your camera around without your hands. This will enable you to take on tasks like riding a bike or running on a treadmill while keeping your camera nearby.
Famous YouTubers like Francis Cade ride their bikes equipped with a point slinger for camera strapped on their shoulders. The shoulder strap is cushioned, making it comfortable to have larger cameras.
Pull the 3-point Slinger to the front of your body and then raise the camera towards your face if you’re looking to take a photograph or video of something.
Typically, a 3-point Slinger is fixed to the camera’s bottom with an inch screw inserted into the hole commonly used to mount the base plate of a tripod.
What Should You Look for in 3-Point Slingers?
We now know the characteristics of 3 point slinger for camera; let’s examine three key aspects to be aware of in the event you’re contemplating purchasing one:
It shouldn’t be too hard to find a well-padded three-point strap. However, it’s always best to keep an eye out for it. Straps made of cheap plastic or rubber can irritate your skin rapidly and make it difficult to wear the belt. Make sure to read the description or specifications to determine whether they come with high-thickness foam padding, neoprene foam padding or a soft shoulder pad of neoprene or leather. The strap must have soft leather pads and one or both foam paddings.
When we refer to “security,” we don’t refer to putting the strap on. What we’re discussing is how the belt keeps your camera secure. Choosing the 3 point slinger for camera with a solid strap for your shoulder and an under-arm strap is recommended. So the camera can be connected to your body at two distinct, secure points. Some belts have straps that go around the entire length of the body. With this additional safety feature strap, you’ll be ready to take on any outdoor pursuit, whether walking along trails or mountain bike riding at speed.
High-quality 3 point slinger for camera straps will easily hold up to 200 lbs, and the most durable ones have been proven to support up to 500 pounds. Instead of plastic that is threaded cheaply, they will be constructed primarily of durable nylon webbeds. For outdoor photographers, the nylon-weaved or woven straps provide two primary advantages: First, they’ll be capable of adjusting to any sudden changes you may make during your travels (strength). Additionally, they are significantly more comfortable than low-cost straps (comfort).
What is the Best 3 point slinger for camera?
The 3 point slinger for camera that I have reviewed is presented positively in this review. I will examine various harnesses and straps for cameras.
- The majority of cameras can be used with any camera that is universally compatible.
- The length can be adjusted
- Design that is both comfy and durable
- This 3 point slinger for camera has Tether to provide additional security
The tripod screw of your camera is where you attach the PiuQ. Its rubber-based screw-in base shields the camera’s body. Straps can be extended as far as 21.5 inches. (55 cm). It is connected to the eyelet with the carabiner, which can be locked. A strap under the arm keeps the heavy shoulder strap, which is padded, in position. Protection from scrapes is an attractive benefit. This shoulder pad is sturdy.
My concern stems because there’s no safety strap. If the only link is broken, you and your financials are also at risk of falling apart. If you want to use a tripod, remove the eyelet. This can make it less effective. This 3 point slinger for camera, however, on its own, is a very low-cost device.
2. BlackRapid Camera Slings
- Cross-body design for even weight distribution
- Quick-draw features allows you to quickly access your camera
- Length adjustable to suit you body’s shape as well as your personal preferences
- Materials that last for a long time, and of top quality
3 point slinger for camera produced by Blackrapid has a variety of straps with 3 points for photographers who shoot action sports and those who would prefer these straps over a standard shoulder strap.
BlackRapid refers to them as “camera slings” and says they’re one of the comfiest camera straps on the market. The most important advantage of a point slinger for camera is that the strap stays on your shoulders, and your camera can slide into the sling towards your face.
The three primary BlackRapid 3 point slinger for camera are:
- BlackRapid Curve Breathe
- BlackRapid Breathe Sport
- BlackRapid Double Breathe
- Length adjustable to suit you body’s shape as well as preference
- The design is padded and breathable to ensure comfort.
- This point slinger for camera has a Simple camera access via the quick-release buckle
- Materials that last for a long time, and of top quality
The Ocim 3 point slinger for camera is a bit more expensive. It’s similar to the PiuQ. It does have one notable enhancement. The camera’s body and Slinger’s strap are linked via a safety strap. This gives a lot of confidence.
It is attached via an eyelet for straps at the camera’s end. Strong metal carabiner locks are connected to the belt. The shoulder strap that is padded is stabilized with an arm strap. A locking mechanism can adjust the straps. This stops the camera from moving around.
- Access to your camera is easy with an easy-release buckle
- Anti-slip design of this 3 point slinger for camera prevents sliding
- Universal camera compatibility
- Design is lightweight and easy to carry. It is easy to move.
- Tether to provide additional security
Due to its strength, the model is guaranteed security for the equipment. The strap underarm and locking elements that secure cameras to the body ensure the camera remains stable. Contrary to the camera bag, the 3 point slinger for camera can evenly distribute weight. A safety strap is an option to prevent the camera from falling. There is also a pocket to store memory cards, batteries, and other equipment.
5. USA GEAR TrueSHOT
- Length adjustable to suit you body’s shape as well as your personal preferences
- Design is lightweight and easy to carry which makes it easy to carry around.
- To avoid sliding, you should use the non-slip surfaces.
- Tethering for extra security
- It also comes with a pouch for carrying.
This 3 point slinger for camera is perfect when you want your accessories to appear distinctive. This USA GEAR TrueSHOT model looks unique and elegant against the background of grey and black slingers. But the benefits continue beyond there. The design of lets you transport more than one camera or even a camera and lens simultaneously. Memory cards, as well as other essentials, are also able to be stored in pockets. It is not necessary to worry about the security of your device, as the premium product ensures your device is safe and safe.
6. Altura Photo Camera Strap
- Design that has two connections
- Swivel clip for unrestricted camera movement
- Memory foam padding of this 3 point slinger for camera offers additional comfort.
- Cross-body construction to increase protection and better weight distribution
Altura is known for its affordable and high-quality camera slings. They also make a top three- point slinger for camera. Its Altura shoulder strap also comes with an internal storage pouch hidden with a zippered pocket that can be used to store batteries, memory cards, and chewing gum! There’s also anti-slip padding beneath the shoulder pad so that the strap and your camera stay in a steady position even when you move about.
An Altura 3 point slinger for camera is the ideal choice to carry when performing activities such as cycling, rock climbing, or even walking at a fast pace. Altura is a fantastic method to begin.
- Anti-slip surface to provide additional security and stability
- Access to your camera is easy with the quick-release buckle
- Material made from neoprene to ensure long-lasting durability and water resistance
- Design that is comfortable and ergonomic for long-term use.
There’s nothing new when you use the Foto&Tech 3 point slinger for camera. It’s robust enough to hold your camera, weighing 660 pounds (300 kilograms). It is connected to a locking carabiner attached to the safety strap. It’s a nice touch.
The camera attachment, on the other hand, is an eyelet with a screw. For a tripod to be used, one must first unhook the strap. A snap hook is used to connect the strap to the tripod. There is no lockable carabiner in this case. There’s no pocket; however, there is a pen clip. This could be useful. It needs to meet the criteria.
8. JJC NS-PRO1M
- This point slinger for camera has Dual quick-release design for quick camera access
- The adjustable length allows for a personalized and snug fitting
- Shoulder pad that has anti-slip properties to provide additional security and stability
- Materials that last a long time and are made of the highest quality.
a 3 point slinger for camera from the JJC NS-PRO1M offers one attractive feature. It includes the bulk of what we’ve been used to. A lockable carabiner secures safety leashes. It comes with a cushioned shoulder strap and an underarm stabilizing strap.
The camera plate is an important feature. An Arca Swiss quick-release tripod plate connects the strap to the camera. Numerous manufacturers make use of this as their most well-known tripod plate. If you own an Arca Swiss-compatible tripod, you should think about it. The only downside is that the scale is connected to the strap by a-hook instead of the carabiner that locks.
9. Cotton Carrier Skout G2 Sling Style Harness
- Twist & Lock camera mount system is patented to ensure secured camera attachment.
- Sling design to allow hands-free and easy usage
- Adjustable and multi-positional to create the perfect fitting
- Holster to the side of the camera for quick and easy access to your camera.
The Cotton Carrier Skout 3 point slinger for camera is a great option to ensure your camera is secure and safe while traveling. This chest component is cushioned and includes a slot to hold the base plate of your camera.
It is connected to the tripod’s thread by the hexagonal bolt. To snap a picture, moving the camera away from the chest is necessary. While the camera is secured to the pad on your chest, it has a secure strap. This point slinger for camera is easy to wear and helps keep the camera within reach.
10. JEATHA Dual Shoulder Leather Harness
- The best leather is used for longevity and elegance.
- Dual shoulder design that is more comfortable and balanced camera support
- The length of the strap on this point slinger for camera can be changed, so it can be made to fit each person.
- The chest strap can be detached for extra protection and safety.
- Quick-release buckles make it easy to gain camera access.
This point slinger for camera is perfect for carrying more than two cameras simultaneously. It is attached at hip level, secure, and not twisted. The construction of this 3 point slinger for camera is made from durable leather that will secure the camera equipment and keep its image quality for a long time because of its strength. The straps of this Slinger are fitted with buckles made of metal, allowing you to adjust the length to ensure the most comfortable fitting.
11. C Coiro Camera Strap Accessories for Two-Cameras
- Easy access and support for dual cameras is provided by the dual camera design.
- The adjustable strap length can be adjusted to allow a customized size.
- Quick-release buckles enable simple attaching and removing cameras.
- Swivel clips provide greater freedom of movement and less friction.
- This point slinger for camera has a Material that lasts for a long time and of top quality.
If you’re a photographer who wants to keep two cameras at hand, this Coiro camera strap accessory for Two Cameras is ideal. The dual strap is made of premium leather and metal D-rings to ensure durability for a long time. It is worn in an “X” pattern across your back to ensure even weight distribution and easy access to the cameras.
The stunning design of this 3 point slinger for camera looks fantastic and will ensure you’re at ease carrying your camera all day.
12. Peak Design Slide Camera Strap
- Dual quick-adjusters permit the perfect fit and simple camera access.
- It can be used as a sling, neck strap and shoulder strap.
- Webbing that is internally padded for comfortable, long-term usage
- Anchors that can be quickly connected to your camera and disconnection.
Look into the Peak Design Slide camera strap, which is excellent. The belt is constructed of internal padded nylon webbing. This point slinger for camera features a smooth surface that can glide over clothes when it is used as a sling and a grippy surface that stops sliding when it is used as an arm strap.
Its Anchor Link system can be connected securely and quickly and has two quick adjusters that provide immediate access and simple reconfiguration. This Anchor Link system can support more than 200 lbs (90kg) and is robust enough to protect giant pro rigs.
13. Peak Design Slide Lite Camera Strap
- The design of this point slinger for camera is subtle and low-profile to make it easy to use
- Dual quick-adjusters permit an individual fitting and simple camera access.
- Materials that are extremely robust and weatherproof to be used in all kinds of weather conditions
- Slim Anchor cords to speed up camera connection and removal
The 3 point slinger for camera of this peak design Slide Lite is the most flexible professional camera strap available on the market, which makes it perfect for light and mirrorless DSLR cameras. The unique Anchor Link system connects quickly and effortlessly, while the dual quick-adjusters give immediate access and easy reconfiguration.
The seatbelt-style nylon webbing with smooth sides that glide over clothing in sling fashion and a grippy surface that stops it from sliding into shoulder positions allows the strap to be easy to wear in any posture. In addition, the Anchor Link system can hold over 200 pounds (90kg), making it among the most durable and secure camera straps on the market.
How to Utilize a 3 point slinger for camera
Attaching and using a point slinger for camera is easy. The procedure is similar regardless of whether you’re using a dual camera sling, like the professional film photographer John above or a sling with a single shoulder.
- The strap should be placed over your head, and then the pad rests on your shoulder, which is not dominant.
- Attach the base attachment to the camera’s bottom.
- Secure the buckle beneath your shoulder, then alter the strap until it is appropriate but comfortably long.
- The length can be adjusted by the strap used for primary purposes.
- Connect your carabiner or an additional camera loop if you have a second safety strap.
Drop a comment below for inquiries regarding how to use or attach one of these 3 point slinger for camera, and then have amusement!