Xbox is one of the most popular gaming platforms. However, there is one problem that users have had for many years: Bluetooth audio support. This can be even more frustrating for new Xbox players who accidentally bought wireless headphones only to discover that bluetooth headset with xbox does not work. It’s easy to think that it’s a waste.
But there is still hope! This article will show you how to connect Bluetooth headphones to Xbox One.
Can You Connect Bluetooth Headphones to Xbox One?
To connect a Bluetooth headset with xbox is an exception, as almost all devices have a Bluetooth feature.
Device inferiority is not the problem. Microsoft, the Xbox manufacturer, chose a different route in wirelessly connecting.
How to Connect Bluetooth Headphones to Xbox One?
Xbox doesn’t support bluetooth headset with xbox. Some tricks and tools can be used to connect bluetooth headphones on xbox one.
These methods might not let you enjoy all the audio features of your headphones. for example, The mic might not work.
That said, here’re the solutions we can try:
- Through compatible wireless headsets
- Via Bluetooth transmitter
- Using a PC connection
How to connect bluetooth headphones to xbox one?(compatible headsets)
It may be difficult for first-time users to connect bluetooth headphones with xbox one. We have made it easy for you by laying out the steps to properly connect a compatible bluetooth headset with xbox one.
1. Turn your headphones to ‘pairing mode’. It involves holding down the power button unless the LED light is on.
2. Begin to turn your console on by taping the console’s power button.
3. Still, on your Xbox’s console, locate the Pairing Button.
4. Enable pairing by pressing on the Pairing Button on your console till its LED light starts to blink. This indicates readiness.
5. Go back to your wireless headset and locate the Connect Button. Press and hold this button and wait for the LED to start flashing speedily. It means the device is ready to set.
6. Allow a few seconds for the LED lights on both devices to stabilize. The console will then shine a “Headset Assigned” note. And from the headset, you will hear a sound. If the devices paired successfully, you would start hearing the game sound.
Connect bluetooth headphones to xbox one Using Bluetooth Transmitter
A Bluetooth transmitter can be used to connect bluetooth headphones to xbox one as an additional dongle. If you already own Bluetooth headphones, this is the perfect solution.
This will usually turn off your microphone, but you’d still be able to hear party chat and game audio.
Here’re the steps to connect bluetooth headphones xbox one:
1. Switch on the Bluetooth transmitter
2. Plug transmitter on your controller’s 3.5mm port
3. Switch on your headphones and engage the pairing mode. Most headphones have distinct pairing commands; you can check the manual for exact guidelines.
4. Press and hold the pairing or multifunction button on Bluetooth dongle for five seconds. It will put it in set mode.
5. Get the headphones and the dongle closer, so the connection happens rapidly.
Remember that if your controller does not have a 3.5mm connector, an additional item is required, a Stereo Headset adapter. The audio jack is not available on older Xbox controllers.
1. Attach the Stereo Headset Adapter on your controller’s USB port
2. Connect the Bluetooth transmitter on the 3.5mm jack of adapter.
3. Pair the headphones with the transmitter.
How to connect bluetooth headphones to xbox one Using a PC Connection?
You can use your Xbox consoles or Windows PCs to play audio from a Bluetooth headset because they share the same infrastructure.
To connect your Xbox One console or Xbox Series console with Windows PC, you must meet two conditions (so that audio playback via BT headsets can be enabled).
- Both your computer and your Xbox console have to be connected to the same network.
- Your PC needs to have installed the Xbox Console Companion application.
- Your PC needs to have Bluetooth ability. It needs to either be provided with Bluetooth natively or you need to plug in a Bluetooth dongle.
Follow the commands below to attach your Xbox console to a Windows computer and use an incompatible Bluetooth headset on your console:
1. On your PC, access the Xbox Console companion application by pressing the Windows key and searching for ‘Xbox Console’.
2. Once you’re inside the first display of Xbox Console Companion, choose on Sign In and put the credentials associated with the Microsoft account that you use on your console.
3. Once you’re inside the main menu of the Xbox Console Companion application, tap on the Connection icon from the vertical menu on the left.
4. Next, wait till the console is identified. If this doesn’t automatically happen, tap on the Add a device icon in the top-right corner.
Note: Remember that your console and your PC must be connected to the same network to allow them to recognize each other. If the console isn’t visible, even though it’s connected to a network, you can insert the IP address and check if there are hits.
5. Once the console is identified, top on the Connect button and wait till the pairing is complete.
6. Once the connection is set, all you have to do is connect the headset to your PC, then you can start using them on your console directly as your PC and Xbox console are already linked.