How these search engines were formed?
Bing or Google who derived these engines. The idea of Google was started by two founders Larry Page and Sergy Brin, They met in a university and became good friends and they launched their company.
The idea comes from Stanford University’s website. We know about the links generated from Stanford University’s website, but we don’t know how many websites are linking to Stanford University’s website
There must be a search engine that is able to tell us how many websites are linking with this site. So we can find that. From this basic idea the work started:
- In 1996 they launched a search engine namely “Backrub”, later on, the name was altered with Google.
What is googol??
Google basically comes from a word in mathematics called Googol. Googol represents a number with which after 1 we have to attach a hundred zeros with it, then the whole number is calculated with the name of googol.
- In 1997 the first domain was registered as com.
- In 1998 they registered themselves as a company. Later on, in September they launched google as a search engine.
- In 1999 the founders of google.com tried to sell it, to Yahoo, AltaVista, and Excite. Even they are ready to sell it for 7 lac 50 thousand dollars but the CEO of Excite canceled the deal.
- Then they started google as a company in a small office and started working on it.
- In 2005 Google launched Android, Google maps, and Google analytics.
- In 2006 Google launched YouTube.
- In 2008 Google launched Chrome.
- In 2011 Goggle launched Google plus g+.
- In 2017 the total revenue of Google was 109 billion dollars and it became the largest company, which is not only on the internet but also penetrating in different domains.
Is Bing also a search engine?
The second largest search engine is Bing, which is the product of Microsoft. All the search engines on the same pattern rank the websites. After that index the sites. But we prefer more to Google because it is supposed to be the best search engine. When the clients request us or pay us they expect the results on google. However, It also has its own importance and market shares.
- Firstly it existed as MSN, subsequently, it became famous with the name Microsoft live and then live search.
- In June 2009 it was named Bing and they launched Bing as a product.
- In 2012 they won the search of yahoo with the merger of yahoo. Now yahoo search engine primarily does not exist as a search engine because Bing mostly powers the search of yahoo.
- According to the USA figure, the share of Bing in the market is calculated by almost 20.9%.
- With the perspective of Search Engine Optimization, Google is on no 1 and Bing on no 2nd.
Both are best due to their Search Quality and other Products.